Friday, April 4, 2008

Environmental Networks


First Blog

The Sustainable Cities Blog reports on different studies and activities that universities are engaging in regards to global warming, it also contains different sections with a variety of links that can be useful for students when conducting research on global warming. Furthermore, this site provides a list of different environmental organizations that work at the local level. Overall, this site would be the perfect start point for those who believe that global warming is not real!!!

Second Blog

Gristmill is a very interested site because it not only addresses the environmental crisis, but it also allows us to explore an extraordinary selection of topics that can be appealing to different groups. For example, you can read blogs on intimate clothing and learn how a simple thing but so essential in our lives contributes to our current environmental problem, moreover, this same article advises on certain things that we can do when buying and washing this piece of clothing. Indeed, this is one of those sites that you won’t mind telling your friends about.

Third Blog

Every time we faced a problem or a difficult situation, we tend to stress out and think that nothing can change as a result of that we give up, of course, depending in the level of importance of it. Green as a Thistle is a strong example that we can carry out the most difficult task in life if we want. This site proves to us who believe that the current environmental crises can be solved, that it is possible. Moreover, as we read the postings in this site we clearly see how people’s conscious changed, how once we had changed our daily activities, we are able to see the harmful results of our unconscious activates, but more importantly, what other people do without think about the environment.

I will be posting a comment on this site because what Vanessa did is not easy; changing habits is one of the most difficult things that a person can do. Vanessa is an example that things can be changed and we should all learn from her.

Fourth Blog

I believe the intentions of No Impact Man site are very similar to those of Vanessa, the Green as a Thistle, but after reading a few posting I wasn’t able to find any specific things done by the No Impact Man. What I found was several posting in which Collin, No impact Man, wrote on the different factors that influenced our behavior, such as the media and the social structure. The good think about this site is that at the end of every posting, you’ll find information on different companies.

Fifth Blog

Eco Geeek is a very informative site, I must say, after reading few postings I came to the conclusion that this site is mainly an environmental news site because it reports on the different activities that students, cities, and organizations are taken in order to tackle the current climatic crises, so visiting this site is not a waste of time.

2 comments:

Jan Michael Dionisio said...

I liked reading green as a thistle's page as well, i feel like she is an example of what is possible in the future, for all those who want to help, even just a little

Doctor X said...

Good post, Alex. I'm glad you enjoyed some of the blogs. I loved Eco-Geek and Green as a Thistle myself.

Ah! My husband and I just watched _Invisible Children_ and I have a few ideas for you. Thanks for lending us the DVD.

Blog Archive